Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Operation Get Serious


The one service from The Knot that I have really appreciated is the monthly email telling me how much time I have left. Today, marks four months until the big day. Time to start Operation Get Serious.

Operation Get Serious overview

I have one month to get everything in order and firm up all plans before I begin freaking out that I don't have enough time. Goals for this month include:

1. Design invitations
2. Order groom's cake
3. Make hair appointment
4. Buy stamps
5. Mail invitations at end of Get Serious
6. Make master list of guests
7. Confirm prices with vendors
8. Talk to florist, make some sort of decision on flowers
9. Decide on DIY projects (for serious.)
10. Rough out a menu and price out items
11. Buy (make?) birdcage veil

More to come as I think of them ...

And now, since I am suddenly feeling the panic pushing against my chest, I'll list everything I have accomplished:
1. Picked date
2. Deposit on ceremony/reception hall
3. Delegated responsibility for decorations and booze
4. Hired dj, photographer, caterer, florist, and bakery
5. Bought dress, shoes, fascinator
6. Mailed Save the Dates and ordered thank you notes
7. Planned wedding party
8. Bought bridesmaids gifts
9. Picked out tux
10. Created blog
11. Started a ton of lists

1 comment:

Chaviva Gordon-Bennett said...

Oh this is fun :D I can't wait till I get married ... your blog will be a reference point.

So when can I see the dress, EH!?