Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sharing the awkwardness


This is not wedding related at all, but when I feel awkward, for some reason I feel the need to share the experience with everyone around me. So here it goes.

After my daily morning run, I felt compelled to use the park's porta-potty. Using a porta-potty is an uncomfortable experience in itself, but as I was perched in that blue box I heard the distinct sound of heavy machinery rolling closer and closer. Fortunately, I had switched the little handle to say 'occupied' even though I was in the middle of nowhere with little chance for fellow pee-ers. When I peeked out, I saw that indeed there was a large man in bright orange waiting for me to finish so he could move my stinky closet with his fork-lift. I waved 'hi' and got the heck out of there.

Just call me porta-potty girl. Golly.