Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Long distance wedding shower

Here is the dilemma: Work is crazy right now and neither the fiance nor I will be able to fly home before the wedding to have a wedding shower. Though we are both home-sick and pro-gift, I just don't think it will work. So, what are some non-tacky alternatives?

It has been suggested that people have the shower without us and we attend via phone or web-cam. As for gifts, I've heard about gift-card parties or parties where you bring a gift no larger than two fists so it can be easily mailed. Or they could have a Pampered Chef party where guests pick out items for us and then the company sends us our new kitchenware. We really need new kitchen everything, but I've been really turned off of Pampered Chef after buying $30 measuring cups that don't work.

Anyone else have cute ideas out there? Should we just pass up the shower entirely?

1 comment:

Chaviva Gordon-Bennett said...

You know, in my experience with Pampered Chef, their stoneware is TOTALLY amazing and worth it. I've had a pizza stone and a casserole stone, and I love them both. I'm also partial to some of their other stuff -- paring knives, cutting boards, etc. My mom has a lot more of their stuff than I do, and I actually just bought some small stuff for the dorm room. But I can understand the hit-or-miss.

But a shower dilemma indeed. We should do one in CT when I move :D You can have all your CT people there, eh? Or would that be weird since I'm guessing a lot of them aren't wedding-bound?