Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Top wedding gown trends for 2010

Coco+Kelly has this great breakdown of trends for wedding dresses. I love the dramatic details.

"One last post on the 2010 Spring Bridal fashions...The most predictable trends for bridal this year - the use of grey+silver and the continued one-shoulder style - were definitely apparent...

Hey, I didn't say they were done well. Honestly, I do love grey, but I'm not sure I could do this for a wedding dress! Maybe for a winter wedding? Are any of you planning on a grey dress? I'd love to see the one you've chosen, because I'm just not buying these styles. I think it would be better off saved for the bridesmaids. (ramona keveza and vera wang)

I really do love the assymetrical neckline, but many of the dresses I saw in this season's collections were a bit casual. I did like these two - the first one being a subtle take on the trend (and quite a flattering shape too!) and the second a strong yet classic goddess dress. (angel sanchez and lela rose)

On top of these trends were a few specific looks I had to include in the wrap up...

Two perfect options for the beach bride - one full of fun frilly texture, and the other a simple flowy number. I adore both! Notice how they're each sporting long necklaces to further the casual style? (melissa sweet and carolina herrera)

I really loved the structured architectural detail in these dresses by Ramona Keveza. Certainly not a style for every bride - the fabric also makes it a bit more intense and formal - but the effect is strong and stunning.

The deco bride - sexy and dramatic. No way my curvy frame could pull these off, which may be why I love them. I can throw them out of my own option pile, but I'd love to see someone else rock it! (jenny packham and carolina herrera)"

Ananda

No comments: