Saturday, February 27, 2010

baby shower bananza

We hosted a baby shower over Valentine's Day weekend in honor of my very first niece who is arriving at the end of March. It was fantastically fun and I've been anxiously waiting to share. I started the planning process with an inspiration board and couldn't be happier with the results.


A bright pink and green color palette made every detail pop.


I tried really hard to cover every detail from the plastic baby do dads in Baby Shower Bingo to the tiny bouquets of baby's breath.


I've always wanted to do a baby block cake and our friend Gabby was able to make that happen. She did a wonderful job on the cake. It was delicious too!


I used jars instead of plastic cups to give the party that extra special feel.




All of the food was camping themed with a miniature twist. You can find all of the recipes used on Inspired Taste.


The biggest hit was the take home treat: mini granola bars for the trail. Speaking of, stay tuned as I'll be posting a step-by-step so you can DIY a cute treat for your next party.

Food by Inspired Taste.
Paper goods and event planning by Quite Like It Design.
Cake by Gabby (email me if you're interested in contacting her!).
Photos by Adam and my husband Josh.


Heather

2 comments:

Unknown said...

great job heather!!!

Chaviva Gordon-Bennett said...

OMG! This looks like a SERIOUS party! I'm jealous. Hopefully I can get you to run my first baby party, too :D