Monday, July 13, 2009

Aquathon Domination


I just wanted to share how proud I am of my friend Sara who just competed in her first aquathon (swimming, then running) and won her category! She has been living in Japan for the past 2 years and keeping a blog about the experience. Here is what she had to say:

"I had estimated that with my dislike for running, the open water swim, and the fact that this was my first attempt at an event of this type that my time would be somewhere around 30 minutes. I finished with a time of 23:48 and felt as though I had not run my best at all (since I didn't sprint and I wasn't very winded at the end). I wished I had run harder, but I was happy with my time considering everything.

"After the race was over there was a small awards ceremony. The overall top finishers got certificates and some sort of prize. After the three overall top male and female finishers were called they began calling out the numbers of the top three finishers in each age group. I heard my number called and was shocked! It had been so easy and I hadn't run my best so I didn't expect to get anything. I ended up being the top female finisher in my age group! I got a certificate with my name and time printed on it that says I was the top female in the 29 and under group."

Ananda

No comments: