Thursday, October 30, 2008

Everything borrowed, everything blue


I didn't put much effort into seeking out things old, new, borrowed and blue ... but offers were flowing in from everywhere of old, blue trinkets to borrow. A family friend offered her veil, though I had my heart set on making a birdcage veil. My aunt Mary brought a hankie for me to carry down the aisle, but in the hub-bub I forgot to take it. My aunt Janet offered blue jewelry, but I had already borrowed my bling from two other people.

I was overwhelmed by the outpouring of help and support from everyone we know. I feel like my whole wedding was borrowed and I am happy to spend the rest of my life slowly returning the favor to everyone.

In short:
Earrings, brooch, bracelets = old, borrowed.
Dress, bouquet = blue, new.

Thank you, everyone!

No comments: